Antioxidant Blast Bars
- Yield: 25 pieces
- 4 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 3/4cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1cup goji berry powder
- 1cup raw pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons guar gum
- 1 1/4teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1cup coconut oil
- 1/2cup coconut nectar
- 3/4teaspoon stevia powder
- 1cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper, with a little extra over the sides.
- Mix together the oats, flour, goji berry powder, pumpkin seeds, guar gum and salt in a large bowl.
- Microwave the coconut oil and coconut nectar in a 2-cup measuring cup for 60 seconds. Add the stevia and stir to combine. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into the corners and on top with a wet baking spatula to cover the pan evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the oats are a light golden brown and look dry. Rotate the pan from front to back halfway through baking.
- Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let sit for about 15 minutes before putting in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the parchment paper to a cutting board and cut into 25 bars.
- Wrap each bar individually in parchment paper or bakery tissue paper, place in a sealable plastic bag and keep frozen until ready to pack or eat.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 0.0
- Sodium 40mg
- Carbohydrate 25
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 3g