Apple Caramel Spice Bars
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1-- (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1-- egg
- 1/2cup butter, melted
- 1/3cup chopped pecans
- 2-- baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1cup fat-free caramel flavored topping
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine together cake mix and oatmeal. Add egg and butter and blend with pastry blender or fork until mixed and crumbly. Reserve one cup crumb mixture, add pecans to it, set aside.
- Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan, bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and place apples evenly over crust.
- In small bowl, mix together caramel topping and flour, pour evenly over apples. Sprinkle with remaining pecan crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and sides pull away from edges. Don’t overcook.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 196
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 19g
- Sodium 207mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g