Apple Oat Bars
- Yield: 32 pieces
- 3/4cup old-fashioned oats (not instant and not steel-cut)
- 1cup pitted Medjool dates (if the dates are very dry, soak them in warm water for a few minutes to soften them)
- 1 1/2 dried apple rings
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds, or until ground (it’s okay if a few small pieces remain).
- Set aside ¼ cup of the ground oats in a small bowl. Place the remaining ingredients in the food processor and pulse to combine for about 2 minutes, until a ball starts to form.
- Line a loaf pan (about 8½ x 4½ inches) with plastic wrap. Press the mixture down to mold it into the shape of the pan. Remove the block from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Cut the block into 1-inch squares and roll the squares in the reserved ground oats until the squares are evenly coated.
- Serve. The bars will keep for 1 week on the counter, covered, or in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Reprinted with permission from Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes by Catherine McCord.