Artichoke Spinach Dip
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-- small onion, finely chopped
- 3-- garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1-- (14-ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-- (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12ounces cream cheese alternative or light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2cup nutritional yeast
- -- Dash of hot sauce
- -- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over moderate heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onion and garlic have softened.
- Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the lemon and cook until for another minute. Add the spinach and cook, stirring until thoroughly combined, for 1 minute more.
- Add the tofu cream cheese, nutritional yeast and season with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, or until the dip is creamy. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Lindsay of Cook. Vegan. Lover.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 161
- Fat 7.4g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 256mg
- Potassium 708mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 12g