Arugula Salad with Lemon-Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2-- oil-packed anchovies, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2-- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5ounces arugula
- 1/4cup sliced celery
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4cup toasted sliced almonds
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk lemon juice and mustard together. Add anchovies and garlic. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
- To prepare salad, toss arugula and celery with half the vinaigrette. Season with pepper. Top with pecorino and almonds. Store remaining vinaigrette in refrigerator.
Recipe by Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln Restaurant in Portland, Ore.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 210
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 8g