Arugula Salad with Artichokes, Olives & Feta
- Yield: 4 servings
Try this hearty and healthy Mediterranean-style salad.
- 1/2cup sliced canned artichokes, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup quartered pitted green or Kalmata olives
- 1/2cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4cups arugula
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- For Dressing
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1pinch brown sugar (optional)
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon water, or to taste
1. In a bowl whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar if using, until the salt has dissolved.
2. Gradually beat in the olive oil until well blended. Taste for sharpness. If the dressing is too sharp, beat in some water, a little at a time, until your dressing is to your taste.
3. In the bottom of a large bowl, mix the Basic Vinaigrette with the artichokes, olives and tomatoes. Pile the arugula and feta cheese on top and set aside until you are ready to eat.
4. Just before serving, toss everything together to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Cook For Your Life