Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound extra lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2teaspoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons corn starch
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4cup red onion, chopped
- 1-- red pepper, diced
- 8small white mushrooms, chopped
- 1tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1cup cooked brown rice
- 1can mandarin oranges
- 1head Romaine lettuce or butter lettuce
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and corn starch. Add the ground chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red onion. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add the red pepper and mushrooms, cooking until softened. Stir in the vinegar, oyster sauce, and sriracha and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cooked rice. Stir together.
- To serve, place a large spoonful of chicken/rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf and top with some mandarin oranges.
Makes 12 wraps.
Recipe courtesy of Jen Gacek who was prompted after having her third son to eat healthy and exercise. She believes healthy living should never be boring, so she launched The Fit Housewife, full of healthy, family-friendly recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips.