Asian Chicken Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-- (3- to 4-ounce) packages dried Ramen noodles, seasoning removed, broken into bite-size pieces
- 2cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 3tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- 2teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-- (1-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and grated
- 6-- greeen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup peanuts, toasted
- -- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced
- -- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, sliced
- -- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint, sliced
- Mix together cabbage, Ramen noodles and chicken in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sambal chili, sugar, ginger and green onions. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss really well to coat all the ingredients. You can do this a few hours ahead so the seasoned sauce will moisten the dried noodles.
- Just before serving, sprinkle salad with peanuts and some of the basil, cilantro, and mint. Have bowls of herbs on the table so everybody can add what they like.
Reprinted with permission from John Besh’s My Family Table: A Passionate Plea for Home Cooking (Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 238
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 1125mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 15g