Asian-Style Pear Salad with Gorton's Grilled Fillets
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2pieces Gorton's Grilled Fillets (any flavor)
- 1/2pound maple smoked bacon
- 1unit pear - cored and sliced
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 2tablespoons salad oil**
- 2teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon allspice
- 1pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1package prepared lettuce prepared lettuce
- 1/2cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Bake Gorton's grilled fillets according to the packaging.
- Cook bacon according to packaging.
- After slicing the pear, drizzle the slices with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, salad oil, allspice and salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss the prepared lettuce and sliced red onion.
- Lay pear slices over lettuce mixture.
- Once fillets are fully cooked cut them into bites size pieces and lay on top of the pear slices.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries over the fish and drizzle the salad with the apple cider vinaigrette.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and goat cheese over the salad and serve immediately.