- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
This slaw is highlighted with vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper, giving it two of the three typical tastes cole slaw can have (spicy and tangy). Enjoy it for a couple of days--it gets better over time.
- 4cups (10-ounces) cleaned and thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/3cup water
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon white rice wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil over medium high heat and dissolve all the sugar. Stir until sugar no longer settles on the bottom, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, red pepper flakes, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve at once or refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 90
- Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 1g