Asparagus and Potato Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4cups diced peeled red potatoes (about 3)
- 1cup chopped onion
- 4-- (14 1/2-ounce cans cut asparagus, drained
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-- (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- -- Salt and pepper
- In large pot, combine potatoes and onion in salted water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Drain cans of asparagus, reserving juice from two cans. Combine potatoes, onion, asparagus and garlic in large bowl.
- Using food processor, process asparagus/potato mixture in batches until entire mixture is puréed. Add milk, reserved asparagus juice if needed to thin, salt and pepper. Refrigerate. Makes about 8 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 136
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 644mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 9g