Atkins Turkey-Cauliflower Hash
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 minutes
Creamy, buttery cauliflower makes a perfect stand-in for potatoes. Top the hash with a poached egg, if desired.
- 1/2small head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1small yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound roast turkey breast, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add cauliflower; cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, cool under cold water, drain again, and coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook until soft and light brown, about 6 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Increase heat to high. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 6 minutes. Add cream and cook until almost dry, about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
From “The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook” by Colette Heimowitz. Copyright (c) 2011 by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. Printed by permission of Touchstone Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 250
- Polyunsaturated Fat 12 g
- Carbohydrate 6 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 29 g