Avocado, Asparagus, Pea and Radish Sesame Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2pound fresh asparagus spears
- 1 1/2cups green peas, hulled
- 1 whole ripe but firm avocado, thinly sliced
- 1bunch radishes
- 1 shallot, minced finely
- 4tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons honey
- 3tablespoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Slice each asparagus spear on the bias into fourths and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Use a slotted spoon or spider and pull the asparagus out and dump into a strainer. Rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Dump the peas in and boil for 1 minute and then drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the radishes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallots, rice wine vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Season to taste with kosher salt. Add the asparagus, peas and radishes and toss together. Season again with kosher salt and toss in the sesame seeds.
- On the serving platter or shallow bowl, line the edges of the bowl with the thinly sliced avocado. Sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Pour the salad over the avocado slices and garnish with fresh chives or chive blossoms if you have them.
Recipe courtesy of Heather from Heather Christo.