Avocado Chicken Salad in a New Light
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
Adapted from Paula’s original Avocado Chicken Salad recipe!
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/4cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup onion, chopped
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2cups cooked skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1cup cooked brown rice
- 1medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 whole grain crispbreads
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- To prepare the dressing, pulse half the avocado, mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, and cayenne pepper in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, coleslaw, brown rice, tomato, parsley, and pepper until well mixed.
- Gently stir in the remaining half of avocado. Cover and chill 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve with whole-grain crispbreads and lemon wedges.
Reprinted with permission by Diabetes in a New Light®, a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 320
- Fat 11 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
- Sodium 260 mg
- Carbohydrate 38 g
- Fiber 9 g
- Protein 20 g