Baba Ganoush Recipe
This classic Middle-Eastern dip is wonderful served with pita chips, crackers, or a fresh baguette.
- 4small eggplants
- 2 garlic bulbs, roasted with olive oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- Turn the oven to broil. Wash and place the eggplant on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Broil the eggplant until blackened, approximately 10 minutes, turning once.
- Cut off the tops of the garlic, place on a sheet of tin foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Place the garlic on the same baking sheet as the eggplant. Turn the oven to 375 F and bake both garlic and eggplant for 30 minutes. The eggplant should be soft when finished.
- Remove the garlic and eggplant from the oven and let cool. Once cool, squeeze the garlic into a food processor, followed by the tahini, salt, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Remove the eggplant from its skin, and place in the food processor. Pulse a couple of times until you have a creamy mixture. Place in a container and store in fridge for up to 5 days. Serve with pita chips, cracker, or baguette.
Recipe courtesy of Heather: Food has always been an important part of Heather’s life, so it only seemed natural that she would incorporate it into her career. A registered dietitian, photographer, pescetarian, and part-time traveler, Heather was born and raised in Toronto, and has since moved to Seattle, where she spends her days writing, developing recipes and photographing food. You can find a sample of her work over at the Flourishing Foodie.