Baked Caprese Chicken with Lemon Green Beans and Parmesan Polenta
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
This classic family meal from eMeals is the perfect weeknight dinner—and at just 300 calories, it's friendly on your waistline, too!
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 3large Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (1-oz) pkg fresh basil, thinly sliced (or use leaves whole)
- 1 (8-oz) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (or use block mozzarella)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Lemon Green Beans and Parmesan Polenta
- 3/4cup uncooked polenta
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is done; drizzle with vinegar before serving.
For the green beans:
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; whisk in polenta and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- Arrange green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
This recipe was reprinted with permission and originally appeared as Baked Caprese Chicken, a sample recipe from the eMeals Classic Meals Family Plan. Click here to check out their extensive plan options—and to sign up for a FREE two-week trial.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 300