Baked Enchilada Pasta
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
A different yet delicious spin on a pasta casserole.
- 12ounces dried regular or gluten-free pasta
- 16ounces red enchilada sauce
- 15ounces can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 6ounces can of black olives, chopped
- 2cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2cups cottage cheese
- 8ounces shredded cheddar or other cheese
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and cook pasta in a large pot according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine enchilada sauce and black beans in a blender or food processor and combine until pureed. Set aside.
- Chop onion and olives, and grate cheese.
- When pasta is cooked, pour it in to a colander to drain well. Then add in onions, olives, frozen corn, enchilada/bean sauce, and cottage cheese. Mix well, and pour in to a 13 x 9 inch pan. Top with grated cheese, and bake for 25 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through, and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with cilantro garnish on the side.
Recipe courtesy of EA Stewart who specializes in wellness nutrition, celiac disease, food sensitivities, and more at her private nutrition practice in San Diego. Find more her creative, healthy and delicious recipes on her blog, The Spicy RD.