- Yield: 8-12 pieces
- 1/2 cup-- Mazola oil (or any veg.oil
- 3/4 cup-- sugar
- 2 cups-- sifted flour
- 1 teasp-- baking soda
- 1/2 teasp-- salt
- 1 teasp-- vanilla
- 1 cup-- mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup-- chopped nuts (optional) or decorate with nut halves (pecans or walnuts
- Blend oil with sugar until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture, blending well.
Add mashed bananas, vanilla.
Place in well greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes – 1 hour.
Check with toothpick – if it comes out clean – it is done. (Relatively cholesterol free. Delicious and moist!
(Sugar can be cut back to 1/2 cup if desired)