Bananas Foster Shooters
- Yield: 3-4 servings
Creamy like the ice cream portion of bananas foster and sweetened with brown sugar and caramel sauce.
- 1 medium to large ripe banana (previously frozen in chunks is nice but not necessary)
- 1/2cup cream, milk, or vegan milk
- 1/3cup dark rum, or to taste (light or spiced rum may be substituted)
- 1-2tablespoon banana liqueur, optional (I didn’t have it on hand)
- 3tablespoons light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1-2tablespoon homemade dark rum caramel sauce, caramel sauce, caramel ice cream topping, or vegan caramel sauce
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately or place the blender canister in the freezer for about 10 minutes to flash chill it before serving.
Reprinted with permission from Averie Cooks. Averie Sunshine fills her blog with decadent desserts as well as healthy dishes, including many gluten-free and vegan recipes. Recently, Averie was named as one of the Top 10 Food Bloggers by the Huffington Post and is proud to have her recipes showcased in numerous magazines, books, and websites.