Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- Yield: 6 cups
- 4cups superfine brown rice flour
- 1 1/3cups potato starch (not potato flour)
- 2/3cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
- To measure flour, use a large spoon to scoop flour into the measuring cup, then level it off with the back of a knife or straightedge. Do not use the measuring cup itself to scoop your flour when measuring! It will compact the flour and you will wing up with too much for the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Reprinted with permission from The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook by Cybele Pascal (Celestial Arts; 2009). Purchase here.