- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup minced onions
- 3teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-- (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-- eggs or egg substitute
- 1/2pound water-packed firm tofu
- 1/4cup half-and-half, heavy whipping cream, soymilk or milk
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions and garlic to oil and sauté until tender. Layer half of the cheese in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust. Then layer the cooled onions on top of the cheese.
- Beat eggs (or egg substitute equivalent). To the eggs, add finely crumbled tofu (tofu can be mashed with a fork or crumbled by hand.) Add cream and remaining cheese to tofu mixture, and pour into pie crust.
- Quiche may be topped with paprika, cayenne pepper or any other favorite seasonings before baking
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 365
- Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 101mg
- Sodium 237mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 18g