Basil Pesto Marinated Kale, Quinoa and Halloumi Salad
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4cup quinoa
- 1/2cup boiling water
- 15grams fresh basil leaves
- 1small clove garlic
- 1tablespoon pine nuts
- 1tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 6tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of kale (no stem)
- 6ounces Halloumi cheese
- Combine ¼ cup quinoa and ½ cup recently boiling water in a small pot and cook until 90% water has evaporated. Cover the pot with a lid and allow the quinoa to absorb the remaining liquid. Set aside.
- Add basil, garlic, pine nuts, grated parmesan and olive oil to food processor. Process until finely chopped and emulsified. Transfer the pesto into the pot containing the quinoa and stir until well combined. Add finely chopped kale and toss to combine. Set aside to allow the kale to marinate.
- Grill the haloumi on an un-greased pan or grill pan until all sides are nicely charred. To serve, pile marinated kale onto a plate and top with grilled haloumi. Finish with a light drizzle of olive oil and splashes of hot sauce if desired.
Emily started her blog Fuss Free Cooking because she had a passion for cooking and wanted to share her love for easy-to-cook recipes with the world. She’s also happy to showcase the best eats from her little town in Australia, hoping that her readers enjoy her posts as much as she enjoys writing them.