Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1pound ground sirloin
- 1/3cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4cup peanut sauce
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup shredded carrot
- 1cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1-- (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 8-- Boston or red leaf lettuce leaves
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet until done.
- Stir in hoisin and peanut sauces, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat. Add carrot, cucumber, water chestnuts and mint.
- Divide mixture among lettuce leaves and roll up.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 157
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 333mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 12g