Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quinoa Wraps
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
The ingredients of this vegetarian wrap also make a wonderful salad.
- 1cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2cups water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3cup onion, diced
- 1large sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- hot sauce, sour cream, and salsa on the side
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel, remove seeds and cut up squash into small cubes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until they start to brown, flip over and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile cook quinoa according to package. Then in a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sauté the onion and bell pepper for about 5 min. Add the black beans, cumin and roasted butternut squash. Cook until warmed through. Add the quinoa and toss.
- Lay out the tortillas topped with a lettuce leaf and add the quinoa mixture. Serve hot sauce, salsa and sour cream or serve on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer. She’s a wife, mom to two dogs and works full time but still manages to run her blog, Peanut Butter and Peppers, where she challenges herself to make everyday food healthier.