Black Bean and Farro Salad with Apple, Avocado and Radish
- 3/4cup farro
- 1can black beans
- 3 radishes
- 1 avocado
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 lemon
- 1/4ounce cilantro
- 1 shallot
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Drain and rinse the beans. Thinly slice the radishes. Zest and halve the lemon. Finely chop the cilantro leaves. Halve, peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Add the farro to the boiling water. Cook (as you would pasta) for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, vinegar, shallot, cilantro, and the juice of half a lemon. Whisk in a large drizzle of olive oil (to taste, we used about 2 tablespoons). Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the apple into ½-inch cubes. Halve, pit, and cube the avocado.
- Toss the farro in a large bowl with the black beans and half the dressing. Serve with the apple, avocado, and radish slices on top. Drizzle with as much remaining dressing as you like. Enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh as Black Bean and Farro Salad with Apple, Avocado, and Radish and is being used with permission.