Black Bean, Corn and Couscous Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
Giant pasta pearls, such as Casbah Toasted Couscous, can be used in place of plain couscous. To enhance the flavor, add a bit of grated lemon rind, minced jalapeño chile or cilantro.
- 1-- (10-ounce) box dry plain couscous
- 1-- (16-ounce) bag frozen white or yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 1-- (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-- medium green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1-- medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- -- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. To cool quickly, spread the couscous on a large baking sheet in a thin layer and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine cooled couscous, corn, beans, green onions, bell pepper and garlic in a bowl; mix gently. Add lemon juice and olive oil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 12.
Recipe by Mary Bullen, Gibsonia, Pa.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Fat 6g
- Sodium 320mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 6g