- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion 5 minutes. Season chicken with thyme and season to taste. Dust with flour.
- Add chicken to pan, cooking until browned on each side, about 7-10 minutes. Add broth and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
- Add jam and balsamic vinegar, bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook chicken for another 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 339
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 113mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 40g