Blackened Chicken Tenders
- Yield: 4 servings
Serve over pasta or rice for an entrée, or serve the tenders alone as an appetizer with the sauce on the side.
- 2tablespoons paprika
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1-- green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1-- red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1cup chopped red onion
- 1-- (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1/4cup chopped green onions
- In large resealable bag, combine paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, pepper, salt. Add chicken, shake to coat.
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat olive oil over medium heat, sauté chicken 5–7 minutes or until browned and done. Remove to a plate.
- In same skillet, add green pepper, red pepper, onion, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add evaporated milk, stirring, one minute or until heated and bubbly. Serve chicken with sauce, sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 299
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 472mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 44g