Bobby’s Pimiento Cheese
- Yield: 8-10 servings
No matter what you do with it—spread it between two pieces of bread, slather it on top of a burger, or just serve it as is with some vegetable sticks for dipping—this recipe is one you’re going to want in your collection.
- 2ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2cups grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3cup light mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons chopped pimientos, mashed with a fork
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Celery sticks, for serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in the Cheddar, mayonnaise, pimientos, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and pepper until well blended.
- Serve with celery sticks or any vegetable you like.
Reprinted with permission from From Mama’s Table to Mine: Everybody’s Favorite Comfort Foods at 350 Calories or Less by Bobby Deen and Melissa Clark. Ballantine Books, 2013.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 78
- Fat 3 g
- Protein 7 g