- Yield: 4 servings
- 4heads Belgian endive, trimmed
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice off 1/4 inch of the endive’s root end and cut out the core with a paring knife.
- Melt butter in a baking dish or saucepan over medium heat. Add endive and cook, turning several times, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe by Robin Mather.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 66
- Fat 6
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 172mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 1.5g
- Protein 0.5g