Brisket Sandwich with Horseradish, Onion, and Pepper on Challah
- Yield: 1
Makes one sandwich that you won’t want to share.
- 2slices Challah bread
- 1slice Swiss cheese
- 3 pieces of brisket in sauce
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup roasted red peppers
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2tablespoon ketchup
- Toast challah bread with Swiss cheese on one side.
- While bread is toasting, saute roasted red peppers in extra virgin oil until heated through.
- Mix prepared horseradish with ketchup.
- Spread horseradish mixture on the non-cheesy side of the bread and top with brisket and bell peppers.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
- Note: Omit cheese in order to keep recipe kosher.
Amy Kritzer is a food writer and recipe developer in Austin, TX who enjoys cooking, theme parties and cowboys. She challenges herself to put a spin on her grandmother’s traditional Jewish recipes and blogs about her endeavors at What Jew Wanna Eat. You can follow her on Twitter and Facebook and watch her cooking videos on Google+.