Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Charred Corn and Basil
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
Featuring the last of the season's juicy tomatoes, this bruschetta is the perfect way to bid summer farewell.
- 1 ear cob corn
- 1 baguette, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2tablespoons diced white onion
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2-ounce container anchovy filets in olive oil, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high. Add the corn to the hot pan and cook for 5 minutes, until the corn is charred on all sides, turning frequently. Wrap the corn in a piece of foil and let steam 5 minutes (you can also place the corn in a freezer bag and zip the top).
3. Meanwhile, arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes, until golden brown, flipping slices over halfway through cooking.
4. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob and place in a medium bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, basil, and oil. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toasted baguette slices and arrange anchovy fillets over top (if desired).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 137
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 605mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 5g