Brussel Sprouts with Crunchy Tidbits
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- 8-16pieces Brussel Sprouts
- 1-2tablespoons Butter
- 2tablespoons Cashews, large chop
- 1-2tablespoons Creole mustard (Zatarain's)
- Trim stem end and score an X in brussel sprouts. Set aside any leaves that fall off and pull off additional leaves to make 3-4 T.
- Bring approximately 4C water to a boil, enough to cover the sprouts. Add the sprouts and cook until tender approximately 15 minutes. Drain.
- Chop the reserved leaves.
- Cut cooked sprouts in half.
- Return pan to a low fire and melt butter.
- Add sprouts, cashews, and mustard stirring just to mix and heat through.
- Push ingredients to the side of the pan and add the chopped leaves cooking until crisp.
- Remove sprouts to plates and top with crisp leaves. Serve.