Butternut Squash & Arugula Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1large butternut squash, peeled and halved (seeds discarded)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1tablespoon honey
- 8ounces arugula leaves
- 3/4cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Chop the butternut squash into wedges and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil, add the thyme, and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet and toss the squash so that all the edges become roasted and caramelized.
- After 30 minutes, toss one last time, drizzle with the honey, cook for another 5 minutes, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients together and dress the arugula leaves in a large bowl. Scatter the pumpkin seeds on top and toss with the butternut squash. Finish with a few grinds of black pepper and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Goodness of Greens: 40 Incredible Nutrient-Packed Recipes © 2016 by Claire Rogers, Kyle Books