Cheddar Sliders with Tomato Jam
- Yield: 6 pieces
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 6-- 2-ounce slices of California Cheddar cheese
- 6-- round rolls, split and toasted
- 6tablespoons tomato jam
- Place 1 slice cheese on bottom of each roll.
- Place under broiler briefly to melt cheese.
- Top with 1 tablespoon tomato jam; close roll.
To make tomato jam, in skillet over medium heat, simmer 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder until thick. Season with salt and pepper. (Yield: 1 cup)
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 279
- Fat 14
- Cholesterol 58
- Sodium 562
- Carbohydrate 21
- Fiber 1
- Protein 14