California Raisin Short Rib Sliders
- Yield: 72 servings
- Short Rib Marinade:
- 2quarts California raisin juice concentrate
- 2cups canola oil
- 1cup Dijon mustard
- 1cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves, only
- 1tablespoon sea salt
- 1tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10pounds beef short ribs
- 1/2cup canola oil
- -- sea salt, to taste
- -- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3quarts beef stock
- 3quarts California Raisin Chipotle Mustard Glaze (See recipe)
- 72-- 3-inch soft dinner rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 36ounces (about 5 cups) California Golden Raisin Red Onion Jam (See recipe)
- One or two days ahead, combine concentrate, oil, mustard, rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper in large bowl; mix together well. Add short ribs and toss to coat. Turn into deep hotel pans; cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare beef, preheat oven to 350°F. Drain beef, reserving marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Heat griddle or large heavy pan over medium heat; add oil as needed. Season ribs on all sides with sea salt and ground black pepper. Working in batches, cook on all sides until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to clean deep hotel pans, arranging in a single layer of neat rows.
- Combine beef stock and reserved marinade; mix well. Divide and pour over short ribs. Cover pans tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 2 hours. Uncover and turn ribs. Recover; return to oven and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours more or until meat is very tender. Let stand in pan until cool enough to handle; then drain liquid and discard. Remove and discard bones; shred meat into pieces about 1-inch long and 1/4-inch thick, removing and discarding excess fat or gristle. May be stored, covered, in refrigerator, for up to 4 days before serving.
- To Assemble 4 Sliders: Heat a 12-inch sauté pan over medium high heat; add 4 ounces prepared short rib meat and 1.5 ounces California Raisins Chipotle Mustard Glaze. Then, cook, stirring often until heated through. Divide evenly and spoon onto the bottoms of 4 small buns. Top each one with 1 tablespoon California Raisin Red Onion Jam and replace tops. Serve hot.