Caprese Chicken Panzanella Salad
- Yield: 10 cups
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 9-ounce loaf French bread baguette
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4cups cherry tomatoes
- 8ounces mozzarella balls
- 6ounces chicken, cooked, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1bunch basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread in half horizontally. With a pastry brush, brush 2 tablespoons olive oil on both sides of the bread. Cut the bread into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8 -10 minutes until golden, flipping a couple of times. Let the bread cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, add tomatoes, mozzarella, chicken, basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix until combined. Toss in bread. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: I added the balsamic glaze directly to the served salad to prevent the salad from getting soggy. The salad is good the next day too.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer from Peanut Butter & Peppers. Jennifer is a health food blogger.