- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- 3large ripe tomatoes, heirloom if possible
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 12 leaves fresh basil, torn into small pieces, stems removed
- 4tablespoons Super Olive Oil
- Slice the tomatoes into 16 even 1/2-inch-thick slices. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of mozzarella, then season again lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange four tomato and cheese slices overlapping on each of 4 small salad plates and scatter basil on top. Drizzle each plate with 1 tablespoon Super Olive Oil.
Recipe courtesy of Now Eat This! Italy With Rocco DiSpirito. To see Rocco create this recipe, click here.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 167
- Fat 11.5