Caramelized Sweet Potatoes and Peaches
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1tablespoon organic coconut oil, melted
- 2tablespoons pure maple syrup, room temperature (if it is cold, the coconut oil will solidify on contact)
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Iodized salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced into 4 wedges each
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the coconut oil, syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Put the potato and peaches in 2 separate bowls. Pour three quarters of the syrup mixture over the sweet potato and one-quarter over the peaches and toss. Spread the potato in an even layer in a large baking dish and roast for 10 minutes. Toss the potato and roast for 5 minutes more. Add the onion and roast for 15 minutes. Toss the potato and onion, add the peaches in an even layer, and roast 10 minutes, or until the potato and onion are fork tender and the peaches have caramelized.
From Relish by Daphne Oz. Copyright (c) 2013 by Daphne Oz. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.