Caribbean Chicken Fajitas
- Yield: 5 servings
- 4-- chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, cut in long strips
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2large large garlic cloves, minced
- 1medium green pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
- 1medium gold pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
- 1medium red pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
- 1medium yellow pepper, roasted, cut in strips*
- 1/3cup julienne-cut jicama
- 1/3cup chopped green onion
- 1/3cup sliced red onion
- 10-- flour tortillas (6 1/2 inch)
- -- green onions cut into daisies
- -- cilantro
- Orange Picante Salsa
- 1cup bottled picante sauce
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro
- In shallow bowl, place chicken; sprinkle with garlic salt and seasoned pepper. Stir to coat. In frypan, place oil and heat to medium-high temperature. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from heat. In large bowl, mix together green pepper, gold pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, jicama, green onion and red onion. On warm serving platter, arrange in three parts, chicken, pepper mixture and tortillas with bowl of Orange Picante Salsa in center. Garnish with green onion daisies and cilantro. To serve, place in center of each tortilla, chicken strips and pepper mixture. Top with Orange Picante Salsa and fold both sides of tortilla over filling. Makes 5 servings of 2 tortillas each.
- Orange Picante Salsa: In medium bowl, mix together 1 cup bottled picante sauce, 2 tablespoons orange marmalade and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro. Stir to blend.
To roast peppers, place under broiler, turning until charred. Cool. With knife point, remove stem, seeds and skin.