Carrot Top-Cashew Pesto
- Yield: 1 cups
- 1/2cup cashew pieces
- 1cup packed fresh carrot top greens
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, or more as needed
- 2tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons cashew oil or olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the cashews in a small dry skillet and set the pan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the nuts are golden brown and toasted, shaking the pan frequently.
3. Transfer the nuts to a blender and add the carrot top greens, broth, cheese, garlic, and oil.
4. Puree until smooth, adding more broth as necessary to create a thick pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.