Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Yield: 12 servings
These delicately flavored vegan cupcakes are perfect for wedding showers.
- Champagne Cupcakes
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4cup plain almond or soy milk
- 3/4cup champagne
- 2 1/8cups flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8cup sugar
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4teaspoons vanilla extract
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 5small strawberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 1/2cups powdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8cup vegan butter
- 1/8cup vegetable shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the vinegar and the almond milk and let set a few minutes to curdle.
- In another bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the champagne, vegetable oil, vanilla and the vinegar/milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Add all ingredients except powdered sugar to large bowl.
- Start mixing with an electric mixer on low, slowly adding the powdered sugar as you go.
- Work gradually up to high speed and mix until the frosting reaches your desired consistency. Add in more powdered sugar if you want it thicker.
Recipe courtesy of Vegan Fling, a recipe and food photography blog dedicated to making vegan cooking and baking easy, fun, and delicious. You’ll find tempting desserts, easy entrees, and even tips on dining out. Stop by and say “Hi!”