Cheddar Roasted Broccoli
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 1 head broccoli
- 1clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3tablespoons cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar cheese works best)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the broccoli by cutting the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving about an inch of stalk attached to the florets; discard the rest of the stalks. Pull the larger florets apart, so all are a similar size, you should have about 2 cups of florets.
- Place the florets on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the garlic and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and red pepper flakes pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and the tips of some of the florets are slightly crisp browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cheddar cheese.
Recipe courtesy of full time food lovers Adam and Joanne. Inspired Taste is a collection of over 300 recipes created in their kitchen and their way to share the love of cooking.