Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2cup light tub-style cream cheese
- 1/3cup nonfat cream cheese
- 3tablespoons granulated no-calorie sweetener (or 4 packets)
- 1/8teaspoon lemon zest
- 2drops almond extract
- 1/2cup light whipped topping
- 12large whole strawberries, about one pound
- 2-- graham cracker squares, finely crushed
- -- Mint leaves, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, by hand or with an electric mixer, beat cream cheeses with the sweetener, lemon zest, and almond extract until smooth. Stir in the light whipped topping. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a 1/2-inch fluted tip; alternately, you can use a zip-top bag with a small hole cut in the bottom.
- With a sharp knife or apple corer, remove the stem and hull from the strawberries, creating a small cavity. Slice a 1/4-inch strip from the side of each strawberry (so it can sit on its side without rolling).
- Place the graham cracker crumbs on a small plate. Pipe 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling into and on top of each strawberry. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of crumbs over the filling. Place strawberries in the refrigerator until time to serve. Arrange the strawberries on a platter and garnish with mint leaves.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Eat More of What You Love © 2012 by Marlene Koch, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Book Group.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 50
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 70mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 2g