“Cheesy” Kale Chips
A dehydrated vegetable treat that is both delicious and nutritious.
- 1/4ounce thyme leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 1/2ounces nutritional yeast flakes
- 2/3cup raw cashews
- 1/2cup water
- 2 1/2ounces kale, chopped into two-inch pieces
- Whiz all the ingredients, except the kale, in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the kale pieces and, using your hands, coat the kale pieces gently but thoroughly.
- Spread out on a dehydrator sheet and place in the dehydrator for 10 hours. (Or get the same effect using an oven).
Reprinted with permission from Eating the Alkaline Way © 2013 by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Lisa Linder.