- Yield: 8 servings
- 1-- (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2cups skim milk
- 1-- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, cut into chunks
- 1-- (16-ounce) container reduced-fat cottage cheese
- -- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large pot, mix together cornstarch and milk over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Add Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted. Add pasta, tossing until well combined and heated.
- In food processor, blend cottage cheese until smooth. Add to pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 360
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Sodium 405mg
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 24g