Cheesy Pepperoni-Mushroom Flatbread
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1pound refrigerated or thawed frozen pizza dough, at room temperature
- 3/4cup fat-free marinara sauce
- 1 1/2cups shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 36slices turkey pepperoni, halved
- Adjust the oven racks to divide the oven in thirds and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 10 ½ x 15 ½ inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid evaporates, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Set aside.
- With floured hands, press the dough over the bottom of the prepared pan. If the dough shrinks back, let it rest a few minutes before pressing again. Spread the marina sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Top evenly with the onion mixture and the pepperoni.
- Back on the lowest oven rack until the crust is browned on the bottom, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 4-5 minutes longer. Cut into 24 squares and serve at once.
PointsPlus Value: 3
Excerpt from WEIGHT WATCHERS 50TH ANNIVERSARY COOKBOOK. Copyright © 2013 by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Press.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 95
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 12 mg
- Sodium 321 mg
- Carbohydrate 11 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 6 g
- Calcium 85 mg