Chicken and Artichoke Vermicelli
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into large strips
- 1tablespoon paprika
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-- (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1-- (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup dry sherry
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1-- (16-ounce) package vermicelli pasta
- 1/3cup green onions, green part only, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay chicken breasts in a 3-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Place artichokes around chicken.
- Place flour in a saucepan and gradually stir in chicken broth. Cook over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sherry and rosemary and continue cooking 1 minute. Pour over seasoned chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and toss with green onions. Serve with chicken and sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 4.2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 284mg
- Carbohydrate 54.6g
- Protein 35g