Chicken and Peppers
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4cup sherry
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 2pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1-- onion, coarsely chopped
- 4-- garlic cloves, minced
- 2-- red bell peppers, seeded and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2-- green bell peppers, seeded and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2/3cup peeled sliced carrots
- 1pound fresh Chinese bean sprouts
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2cup water, if needed
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, ginger and chicken. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for several hours.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add peppers, carrots and sprouts and cook 5 minutes.
- To remaining marinade, stir in cornstarch, then add to chicken mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes and, if needed, add water, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 268
- Fat 6.4g
- Saturated Fat 1.4g
- Cholesterol 89mg
- Sodium 466mg