- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1-- (10 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup milk
- 1pound cooked, diced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1-- (6-ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1/4cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a 1 1/2‑quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, mix together soup, water and milk. Add chicken, rice with seasoning packet, peas, cheese, mustard, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 383
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 74mg
- Sodium 1056mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 34g